TrekMovie.com has a fascinating look at the status of Star Trek and all its various spinoffs on the cable schedules. Notable is a chunky addition of Next Generation goodness to WGN’s lineup starting this week; the show is also on Sci Fi Channel but has been scaled back to once per week. Off the grid: Deep Space Nine, which TM says was pulled from Spike’s schedule in the fall (although I know my DVR snagged a few episodes more recently — closer to Christmas and New Year’s).
Is WGN hoping to ride the warp trail of J.J. Abrams’ surefire summer blockbuster based on the aging franchise?
As for the remastered classic series, the updated version of “The Cage” — the original pilot that was spiked by jittery network executives — will air in May, according to TM’s information.
- KHAAAAAAAAAN! ‘Star Trek’ villain Ricardo Montalban dies at age 88
- ‘First Lady of Star Trek’ mourned in L.A.
- Boldly go: Exhibit explores past, future of ‘Star Trek’
- ‘Star Trek Online’ contest explores the imagination
- Atari assimilates ‘Star Trek Online’ developer
- Check out the new movie’s cast, starship
SPECIAL THANKS ARE IN ORDER:
Discuss Literary Adventures at the Facebook group 'For the Love of All Things Edgar Rice Burroughs.'Trademarks TARZAN®, TARZAN OF THE APES®, JOHN CARTER OF MARS®, DEJAH THORIS®, PELLUCIDAR®, A PRINCESS OF MARS® and EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS® are owned by Edgar Rice Burroughs, Inc.