Tonight’s the night for Star Wars fans — the Saga makes the leap to episodic television. The Clone Wars premieres at 9 p.m. on Cartoon Network, with two half-hour episodes back-to-back.
Cartoon Network has provided a list of stories that will be explored in the first season:
- Jedi Master Plo Koon — a character barely glimpsed in the feature films — rises to prominence as he discovers a mysterious threat that could cause immense destruction — and the evil secret behind it.
- Ambushed by Ventress and her droid army, Jedi Master Yoda teaches his clone companions that the Force touches all living things and that hope is never lost.
- On a distant planetary outpost, a squadron of rookie clone troopers find themselves struggling to survive and also learn the meaning of sacrifice.
- The Bothan home planet of Bothawui, never before seen on screen, comes to the forefront as a heroic ally falls prey to the sinister plot of General Grievous, and his friends must fight to rescue him.
- Senator Padmé Amidala faces a life-threatening showdown with her nemesis, Separatist Viceroy Nute Gunray, the victim of ultimate deception by the leader of a desperate planet.