The beginning of the end … Star Wars Rebels returns this Monday with the first of six new episodes that comprise the last part of its fourth and final season.
“Jedi Night” and “DUME” are the episodes in the first one-hour block, airing 9 p.m. Eastern/Pacific on Disney XD; after they air, they’ll also be available from 10 p.m. Pacific on the DisneyNOW app and website. Here we present a clip from the first episode.
After the midseason finale, Alliance General Hera Syndulla is in Imperial captivity on Lothal after a Rebel attempt to gain a foothold on the occupied planet, and destroy a new TIE Defender prototype, came crashing down.
As teased in the new trailer, Emperor Palpatine makes his series debut in these final Rebels episodes — voiced by actor Ian McDiarmid, who reprises this iconic role from the Star Wars live-action films (after the actor previously sat out The Clone Wars).
There’s a lot to wrap up in addition to the Sith Lord’s sudden interest in Ezra Bridger, as Rebels marches towards the existing continuity of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and Star Wars: Episode IV — A New Hope. And it all leads up to the March 5 series finale.
If you enjoy the “Jedi Night” clip, here are some sneak-peek images from that episode and “DUME” to whet your appetite.
Read more of Nerdvana’s coverage of Star Wars Rebels Season 4:
- Watch all of Ahsoka Tano’s appearances on Star Wars Rebels
- The Darksaber: Star Wars’ black light laser sword, where it came from and what it has to do with The Mandalorian …
- The Art of Star Wars Rebels coming March 2020 with deluxe edition from Dark Horse
- Star Wars Rebels remembered a year after emotional finale; creator teases ‘a possible future’
- Watch every Darth Vader scene from Star Wars Rebels
- Why you shouldn’t expect time travel doors to become common in Star Wars
- Kevin Kiner reflects on Rebels score, adding to Star Wars’ musical legacy
- Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Blu-ray, DVD coming July 31
- May the Fourth Be With You: 7 new Star Wars: Forces of Destiny episodes
- Last Jedi, Rebels, Clone Wars alum returning for Star Wars: Forces of Destiny animated tales
- VIDEO: Star Wars Rebels family comes full circle
- How to catch up on Star Wars Rebels for free before the series finale
- Star Wars Rebels finale preview: ‘A Fool’s Hope,’ ‘Family Reunion – and Farewell’
- ‘Mine at last!’ The Emperor’s reach finds Star Wars Rebels, as another character’s fate finally is revealed
- Picking up the pieces, Star Wars Rebels’ Ghost crew defends Jedi Temple secrets