The beginning of the end … Star Wars Rebels returns this Monday with the first of six new episodes that comprise the last part of its fourth and final season.
“Jedi Night” and “DUME” are the episodes in the first one-hour block, airing 9 p.m. Eastern/Pacific on Disney XD; after they air, they’ll also be available from 10 p.m. Pacific on the DisneyNOW app and website. Here we present a clip from the first episode.
After the midseason finale, Alliance General Hera Syndulla is in Imperial captivity on Lothal after a Rebel attempt to gain a foothold on the occupied planet, and destroy a new TIE Defender prototype, came crashing down.
As teased in the new trailer, Emperor Palpatine makes his series debut in these final Rebels episodes — voiced by actor Ian McDiarmid, who reprises this iconic role from the Star Wars live-action films (after the actor previously sat out The Clone Wars).
There’s a lot to wrap up in addition to the Sith Lord’s sudden interest in Ezra Bridger, as Rebels marches towards the existing continuity of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and Star Wars: Episode IV — A New Hope. And it all leads up to the March 5 series finale.
If you enjoy the “Jedi Night” clip, here are some sneak-peek images from that episode and “DUME” to whet your appetite.
Read more of Nerdvana’s coverage of Star Wars Rebels Season 4:
- Kanan and company ramp up for a rescue mission as Star Wars Rebels begins last batch of episodes
- Solo promotion begins: What kept you, flyboy?
- Father, Son, Daughter: Mortis, other Clone Wars mysteries return for Star Wars Rebels’ last act
- The Emperor is coming here? Ian McDiarmid reprises role when Star Wars Rebels’ 4th and final season picks up Feb. 19
- ‘Rebel Assault’ aftermath: Where is Star Wars Rebels going as its last season winds down?
- The shape of Star Wars to come: New Rian Johnson film trilogy, live-action streaming TV series announced
- X-Wings attack in last new Star Wars Rebels episode of 2017
- Warwick Davis, Seth Green debut on Star Wars Rebels
- Star Wars Rebels finally back on Lothal – stealing kisses and TIE fighters …
- Star Wars Rebels goes deeper into Saw Gerrera’s rift with the Alliance
- Star Wars Rebels: ‘Heroes of Mandalore’ the beginning of the end
- Timothy Zahn writes Darth Vader into Thrawn: Alliances, publishing summer 2018
- ‘All paths come together’: Star Wars Rebels’ 4th and final season starts Oct. 16
- The art of war, and settling old scores: Star Wars Rebels’ 3rd season on Blu-ray, DVD this week
- Star Wars Rebels Season 3 coming to Blu-ray, DVD Aug. 29