After months of trade press spilling the beans, StarTrek.com finally confirmed on Monday that Sonequa Martin-Green will star as First Officer Michael Burnham in Star Trek: Discovery.
This may have something to do with the fact that she was playing Sasha on The Walking Dead … until Sunday’s season finale of the AMC series, that is.
Martin-Green comes to Discovery following a long and bloody run as Sasha Williams on The Walking Dead. Her other television and film credits include Toe to Toe, New Girl, Once Upon a Time, The Good Wife, Army Wives and Law & Order: Criminal Intent.
Martin-Green joins a growing cast that also features Jason Isaacs as Captain Lorca, Rainn Wilson as Harry Mudd, Mary Wiseman as a Starfleet cadet named Tilly and many more. Catch up on all the latest Discovery news below:
- Star Trek: Discovery update – Klingons, Vulcans, Kelpiens, humans
- Star Trek: Discovery premieres Sept. 24
- Away team reports in with first look at Star Trek: Discovery characters (photos and trailer)
- More cast announced for Star Trek: Discovery, which is still allegedly coming sometime …
- Sonequa Martin-Green finally confirmed as Star Trek: Discovery’s star, First Officer Michael Burnham
- Rainn Wilson to play Star Trek scoundrel Harry Mudd on Discovery
- Jason Isaacs cast as Star Trek: Discovery’s Captain Lorca
- Star Trek: Discovery adds to growing cast
- A brief first look behind the scenes of Star Trek: Discovery
- James Frain joins Star Trek: Discovery cast as Spock’s father Sarek as filming nears, launch date slips
- Buzz an Enterprise or three in immersive Star Trek 360 video
- Meet the Klingons of Star Trek: Discovery
- Star Trek: Discovery casts Doug Jones, Michelle Yeoh, Anthony Rapp
- Michelle Yeoh has a part to play in Star Trek’s future
- Bryan Fuller disembarks day-to-day Discovery duties; Switch in time; Denver Comic Con cosplay constraints
- Stella cartography: Meet the dog with a higher Star Trek: Discovery security clearance than you
- Star Trek: Discovery premiere moved back to May 2017
- Female human lead, pre-Kirk era confirmed for Star Trek: Discovery
- Star Trek beyond 50: Final Frontier forever out of reach for small hands