Qi’ra, Emilia Clarke’s character in Solo: A Star Wars Story, is getting her own short in the animated Forces of Destiny series. The episode will air Friday as part of a Disney Channel special showing all the latest installments of the charming YouTube anthology released for the May the Fourth festivities.
The Star Wars Show, which broke the news Wednesday, didn’t say whether Clarke performed the voice of this animated Qi’ra, a mysterious character who has known Han Solo since his wild youth. The actress is also known for her commanding role as Daenerys Targaryen in HBO’s Game of Thrones series.
More Nerdvana coverage of Solo: A Star Wars Story:
- Solo: A Star Wars Story deleted scenes: Han flames out of flight school, then has a snowball fight with Chewbacca!
- Solo clips include train heist and THAT stunning cameo
- Solo: A Star Wars Story on digital Sept. 14, disc and demand Sept. 25
- Surprise Solo villain redeems Star Wars prequels, brings ‘Legends’ and TV lore to new fans
- Solo: A Star Wars Story character Qi’ra featured in new Forces of Destiny content
- Review: ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ – When hairy met sullied
- New Solo clips: Han meets Lando, Chewie learns chess and Enfys Nest speaks
- ‘Becoming Solo’ featurette explores Han Solo’s exciting origins
- Review: Denny’s ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ Blaster Fire Burger – I’ve got a bad feeling about this …
- Second Solo: A Star Wars Story trailer, new poster released