There are many great DuckTales episodes from the original late ’80s/early ’90s cartoon — and now you can check them all out, if you’re willing to shell out on iTunes, where all of them are available at last (even the ones that never got a DVD release). But you may also get to revisit some of them another way: The upcoming Disney XD reboot, which will get at least two full seasons, will mine classic DuckTales content for use in new episodes, according to the Oh My Disney! blog’s official account from the show’s D23 Expo panel.
The example cited was the spy spoof “Double-O Duck,” which executive producer Matt Youngberg cited as a personal favorite. That episode saw Launchpad McQuack mistaken for a lookalike spy and drawn into an international plot derived from James Bond’s greatest hits.
More DuckTales reboot coverage from Nerdvana:
- DuckTales reboot will reboot individual episodes
- Short videos (re-) introduce key DuckTales characters
- New DuckTales intro pays artful homage to Scrooge McDuck’s creator
- Watch the title sequence for the new DuckTales, out Aug. 12
- Disney Afternoon making a console comeback from Capcom
- Disney XD’s first DuckTales trailer shows it’s an actual reboot
- Meet the new DuckTales cast, featuring David Tennant as Scrooge McDuck!
- DuckTales 2017 teaser trailer – and a few precious programming details …
- Balloon cars in Duckburg: Sketches show scrubbed ‘Epic Donald’ game
- You can finally play DuckTales: Remastered on Xbox One