Oct. 7 is when Doctor Who fans will properly meet Jodie Whittaker’s Thirteenth Doctor and her new TARDIS crew in the Series 11 premiere, “The Woman Who Fell to Earth.”
According to BBC America:
The network’s US premiere will start at the same time as the UK debut on-air on Sunday, October 7th (time to be announced), followed by a special encore in its new regular primetime evening slot. For the run of the season, Doctor Who will premiere regularly on BBC AMERICA on its new marquee night on Sundays.
With a new Doctor (Jodie Whittaker) and new friends Ryan (Tosin Cole), Yasmin (Mandip Gill) and Graham (Bradley Walsh), this eagerly-anticipated first season from new showrunner Chris Chibnall will welcome back fans and invite those who are new to Who. The next era is packed full of action, humor, emotion, and adventures through space and time, starting with the first episode, titled “The Woman Who Fell to Earth.”
— Doctor Who Official (@bbcdoctorwho) September 5, 2018
More about Jodie Whittaker’s Thirteenth Doctor and Nerdvana’s recent Doctor Who coverage:
- Victorian Christmas surprise in October from Doctor Who spinoff stars
- Another Elizabethan Doctor Who adventure, another Good Queen Bess …
- Michelle Ryan reprising one-off TV Doctor Who role for second audio spinoff series
- The late John Hurt’s War Doctor ‘Begins’ anew with new star at Big Finish
- First look at Doctor Who animated spinoff DALEKS!
- Fifth and Sixth Doctors round out monthly Big Finish releases in early 2021
- First look at Doctor Who holiday special ‘Revolution of the Daleks’
- BBC America airs Doctor Who ‘The Faceless Ones’ animated reconstruction
- Tom Baker to star in new Doctor Who: Time Lord Victorious audio drama ‘Genetics of the Daleks’
- Davros and the Daleks vs the Time Lords