Each weekend Nerdvana brings you a look back at what we’ve covered in the previous week. Without further ado, the Geek in Review!
The week in comic books:
- Atomic Comics’ Metrocenter store moving to new digs
The week in gaming:
- New in video games: Week of Jan. 26, 2009
- ‘Madden’ match: Steelers beat Cardinals, 28-24, in Super Bowl
- Sega classic lands on Wii Virtual Console
- ‘Metal Gear Online’ adds Bomb Mission mode
- More Grateful Dead tracks arise for ‘Rock Band 2′
- Sega’s ‘Phantasy Star’ coming to Nintendo DS
- From the publisher: a ‘Guitar Hero Metallica’ fact sheet
- Cox test will give priority to online video, games over downloads
- Video game’s delay smoothed over with ‘Ys’
- ‘TMNT’ game for Wii will shell-ebrate 25 years of Turtle Power
- ‘Guitar Hero Metallica’ tracks? Here you go!
- ‘Guitar Hero World Tour’ track packs dropping in February
The week in TV/movies:
- ‘Red Dwarf’ returns to TV — and to Earth!
- Late ‘Star Trek’ creator, wife to blast off next year
- ‘Star Wars’ horror novel, ‘Indiana Jones’ video game
SPECIAL THANKS ARE IN ORDER:
Discuss Literary Adventures at the Facebook group 'For the Love of All Things Edgar Rice Burroughs.'Trademarks TARZAN®, TARZAN OF THE APES®, JOHN CARTER OF MARS®, DEJAH THORIS®, PELLUCIDAR®, A PRINCESS OF MARS® and EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS® are owned by Edgar Rice Burroughs, Inc.