- Patrick McGoohan, TV’s ‘Secret Agent’ and ‘Prisoner,’ dies at age 80
The week in comic book movies:
- Does Atomic Comics ‘Kick-Ass’?
- Deal clears way for timely ‘Watchmen’ premiere
The week in gaming:
- New in video games: Jan. 12, 2009
- What’s new for download on the Wii — Jan. 12, 2009
- No easy way out of the Dungeon … or the Dragon
- Bankrupt Gen Con averts hostile takeover
- ‘Nobunaga’s Ambition’: Yes, they’re still releasing PS2 games
- Go ‘Medieval’ on your Wii
- The Boss comes to ‘Guitar Hero’
- Report: Nintendo DSi in April for $180
- Ubisoft announces ‘Call of Juarez’ prequel
- ‘Resident Evil 5′ demo breaks out Jan. 26 for Xbox 360
- ‘Zork’ to return as a browser game
- ‘Star Trek Online’ contest explores the imagination
- I see ‘Wheel of Time’ video games in our future …
The week in TV/movies:
- Sci Fi Channel continues to goes low-Fi
- ‘Atlantis’ expedition ends — in more ways than one (spoilers)
- No DVR can contain the return of ‘Battlestar Galactica’!
- Sci Fi Wire totally worth it, say Sci Fi Channel owners
- Fox wants your ‘Simpsons’ 20th anniversary posters
- ‘Legion’ — a blast from the future on ‘Smallville’
- After the bomb: ‘Jericho’ movie in development
What was I thinking?
- With the near-simultaneous deaths of Ricardo Montalban and Patrick McGoohan, it would have been easy for Yanks to miss the passing of John Scott Martin, a veteran British actor who spent years encased inside a Dalek while trying to exterminate Doctor Who. [Wired’s Underwire blog]
- Battlestar Galactica — No, I haven’t forgotten that it exists or that it returned to start the last leg of its final season Friday. I’m just as hardcore as the next guy, but I’ve been avoiding spoilers like the plague. Now if you’ll excuse me, my DVR awaits …
- A Top 10 list, a new (if hackneyed) Sunday tradition for Nerdvana!
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER