Comic fans got quite a shock on Christmas Eve when a federal judge announced his decision that Fox is entitled to nothing less than distribution rights for the highly anticipated Warner Bros. film adaptation of the graphic novel Watchmen. The ruling throws not only the March 6 release date into doubt, but the film’s continued existence as Fox has stated it intends to kill the project rather than stall or profit from it. But the judge is encouraging both sides to reach a settlement, and you can bet that they’re taking him seriously.
Here’s a digest of Nerdvana posts from the holiday week:
- More peeks inside action-packed ‘Batman: Arkham Asylum’
- What’s new for download on the Wii? Dec. 22, 2008
- Gifts for the Geeky: Procrastinators’ edition
- ‘World of Warcraft’: 11.5 million subscribers worldwide
- ‘Wallace & Gromit’ game looks a lot like ‘Wallace & Gromit’
Wednesday (Christmas Eve)
- PlayStation Network digs up some classic Konami
- A crunchy ‘Star Trek Online’ update for Christmas
- Rock in the New Year with new ‘Rock Band’ content
- Judge rules for Fox in ‘Watchmen’ flap — what’s next?