Oct. 7 is when Doctor Who fans will properly meet Jodie Whittaker’s Thirteenth Doctor and her new TARDIS crew in the Series 11 premiere, “The Woman Who Fell to Earth.”
According to BBC America:
The network’s US premiere will start at the same time as the UK debut on-air on Sunday, October 7th (time to be announced), followed by a special encore in its new regular primetime evening slot. For the run of the season, Doctor Who will premiere regularly on BBC AMERICA on its new marquee night on Sundays.
With a new Doctor (Jodie Whittaker) and new friends Ryan (Tosin Cole), Yasmin (Mandip Gill) and Graham (Bradley Walsh), this eagerly-anticipated first season from new showrunner Chris Chibnall will welcome back fans and invite those who are new to Who. The next era is packed full of action, humor, emotion, and adventures through space and time, starting with the first episode, titled “The Woman Who Fell to Earth.”
— Doctor Who Official (@bbcdoctorwho) September 5, 2018
More about Jodie Whittaker’s Thirteenth Doctor and Nerdvana’s recent Doctor Who coverage:
- Freema Agyeman returns to Doctor Who for ‘The Year of Martha Jones’ audio series
- There’s a new Dodo on deck in Doctor Who audio dramas
- Doctor Who’s sweetie River Song is joining his old team at U.N.I.T.
- ‘We meet at last …’ Doctor Who’s missing classic ‘Evil of the Daleks’ animated for release
- ‘Doctor Who’ spinoff series ‘Jago and Litefoot’ gets new life as audiobooks
- Sylvester McCoy’s first season of Doctor Who comes to Blu-ray
- New story details, covers for 2nd volume of Ninth Doctor audios
- Doctor Who returns to Peladon with David Troughton
- Doctors-in-law fighting Cybermen in Paris catacombs? Big Finish audio opens ‘Gate of Hell’
- First look at 2nd volume of The Ninth Doctor Adventures: ‘Respond to All Calls’