Put away that dagger, thief — Dungeons & Dragons starter sets are a steal right now.
Nerdvana may earn a small share of sales made via links from this article.
D&D Starter Set
The original D&D 5th Edition Starter Set box is almost 40% off. It contains dice, pre-generated character sheets, a basic rulebook (which you can also get for free online as a PDF) and an acclaimed adventure module, “The Lost Mine of Phandelver.”
Order it here: https://amzn.to/2lEhs1S
D&D Stranger Things Starter Set
If you’re feeling a little Upside Down, the Stranger Things-themed variant edition — including the same adventure Will Byers ran for his suburban friends in the Netflix series, and exclusive Demogorgon miniatures — is 40% off.
Order it here: https://amzn.to/2lJFZTm
D&D Essentials Kit
A newer beginning experience for D&D, the Essentials Kit is now over 30% off. In addition to dice, basic rules and character creation rules — an upgrade on the basic Starter Set — this kit includes the adventure “Dragon of Icespire Peak” as well as new “sidekick” rules allowing for one Dungeon Master and one player to participate, as well as a fold-out regional map, DM screen and cards representing sidekicks, treasure, initiative and combat steps and more.
Order it here: https://amzn.to/2mnVctp
Dungeons & Dragons vs. Rick and Morty
Sure to shake things up coming soon is the very schwifty Dungeons & Dragons vs. Rick and Morty boxed set, based on the subversive Adult Swim cartoon series. It’s been described as misanthropic scientist Rick Sanchez’s take on what D&D should be. It becomes available Nov. 19, 2019; you may be able to order it at a discount of 10% or more.
Pre-order it here: https://amzn.to/2lFqOKL
D&D Core Rulebooks Gift Set
If you want to upgrade or skip to the “Core Rulebooks” — the hardback Player’s Handbook, Monster Manual and Dungeon Master’s Guide — there’s a great deal that includes the updated books in a special foil-cover variant that also includes a Dungeon Master Screen. You can currently get it from Amazon at as much as 40% off its regular $170 price tag. (Individually, the three standard-edition books can retail for as much as $50 each.) These special versions also include rules corrections and updates that came about after the first printing. Unlike the boxed starter sets, this doesn’t give you any dice…
Order it here: https://amzn.to/35hSxmM
More Dungeons & Dragons:
- Laeral Silverhand’s Explorer’s Kit rolls Forgotten Realms fluff into a felt-lined box with dice
- Mythic Odysseys of Theros brings heroic Magic world to D&D
- Dragon riders fight Mind Flayer spaceship in Baldur’s Gate III cinematic trailer
- Dungeon Mayhem ‘Monster Madness’ released Feb. 28, 2020
- Nerdvana Rewind: Monster Manual set to music
- Spider-Man: Homecoming scribes, directors of Game Night, now writing D&D movie
- Mystery D&D game book revealed as Critical Role campaign world tie-in: Explorer’s Guide to Wildemount
- Papercraft calendar: Roll up 1d12 months of 2020
- Roll into Forgotten Realms’ City of Splendors and Sword Coast with Laeral Silverhand’s Explorer’s Kit
- $300 aluminum sapphire dice mark D&D’s 45th anniversary, 5th Edition’s 5th year
- Classic Fiend Folio D&D monsters get Extra Life
- Dungeons & Dragons vs. Rick and Morty’s strange formula for success
SPECIAL THANKS ARE IN ORDER:
Discuss Literary Adventures at the Facebook group 'For the Love of All Things Edgar Rice Burroughs.'Trademarks TARZAN®, TARZAN OF THE APES®, JOHN CARTER OF MARS®, DEJAH THORIS®, PELLUCIDAR®, A PRINCESS OF MARS® and EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS® are owned by Edgar Rice Burroughs, Inc.