Conjurings director James Wan is producing The Nun along with Valak veteran Peter Safran.
When a young nun at a cloistered abbey in Romania takes her own life, a priest with a haunted past and a novitiate on the threshold of her final vows are sent by the Vatican to investigate. Together they uncover the order’s unholy secret. Risking not only their lives but their faith and their very souls, they confront a malevolent force in the form of the same demonic nun that first terrorized audiences in “The Conjuring 2,” as the abbey becomes a horrific battleground between the living and the damned.
“The Nun” stars Oscar nominated Demian Bichir (“A Better Life”) as Father Burke, Taissa Farmiga (TV’s “American Horror Story”) as Sister Irene, Jonas Bloquet (“Elle”) as local villager Frenchie, Charlotte Hope (TV’s “Game of Thrones”) as the abbey’s Sister Victoria, Ingrid Bisu (“Toni Erdmann”) as Sister Oana, and Bonnie Aarons, reprising her “Conjuring 2” role as the title character.
More Nun news;
- That’s an alternative fact, Jack: Knave New World
- Comic Book Elections: Where have all the heroes gone?
- Nun writer conjuring up a script for Dungeons & Dragons movie
- We’ve only just be-nun to fright: Habit-forming Conjuring 2 demon Valak gets spinoff
- Is The Conjuring 2’s demon nun Valak real and is it possessing popular culture?
- Review: The Conjuring 2 – Too over-the-top