This past winter, two of Studio Ghibli’s biggest blockbusters made return engagements to theaters for milestone anniversaries — Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke — but Hayao Miyazaki’s classic films aren’t done with audiences just yet. Fathom Events recently announced that six of the legendary Japanese animator’s magical films would be returning to the big screen throughout 2017 in the official Studio Ghibli Fest, giving old fans a chance to recapture their enchantment with these amazing stories and share them with a new generation.
Behold, the Ghibli Fest films and their return dates:
- My Neighbor Totoro (1988): June 25, 26
- Kiki’s Delivery Service (1989): July 23, 24
- Castle in the Sky (1986): Aug. 27, 28, 30
- Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (1984): Sept. 24, 25, 27
- Spirited Away (2001): Oct. 29, 30, Nov. 1
- Howl’s Moving Castle (2004): Nov. 26, 27, 29
Tickets for Studio Ghibli Fest events go on sale April 28. Showings will be available in both subtitled (Japanese audio) and English dubbed versions.
UPDATE: Wednesday screenings have been added at select cinemas for Castle in the Sky, Nausicaa, Spirited Away and Howl’s Moving Castle. They will take place at 7 p.m. local time and feature the English dubs.