At last, a full trailer for Star Wars: Episode VIII — The Last Jedi was released Monday, along with advance ticket sales for the Dec. 15 opening.
As indicated in a recently deleted tweet by actor Mark Hamill, the new trailer came during Monday Night Football.
Dialogue outtakes from The Last Jedi trailer
- Supreme Leader Snoke: “When I found you, I saw raw, untamed power. And beyond that, something truly special.”
- Rey: “Something inside me has always been there. But now it’s awake. And I need help.”
- Luke Skywalker: “I’ve seen this raw strength only once before. It didn’t scare me enough then. It does now.”
- Kylo Ren: “Let the past die. Kill it, if you have to. That’s the only way to become what you were meant to be.”
- Poe Dameron: “We are the spark that’ll light the fires that’ll burn the First Order down.”
- Luke: “This is not going to go the way you think.”
- Snoke: “Fulfill your destiny!”
- Rey: “I need someone to show me my place in all this.”
Snoke versus Rey! Luke versus Rey? Kylo Ren versus Leia. Finn versus Captain Phasma! Hints of Rey and Kyle Ren joining forces? And Poe Dameron versus the whole goddamned First Order.
Noticably absent or downplayed here: the Saga’s new players, Benicio Del Toro, Laura Dern and Kelly Marie Tran.
So much to unpack here, I’m not even really going to try. Those energies may be better directed toward reserving tickets anyway.
The party will, of course, actually get started Dec. 14, with opening night fan events at theaters across the galaxy, along with a double feature with Episode VII — The Force Awakens followed by its new sequel, and some bigger marathons with all eight episodes in some locations. Many cinemas are having special promotions and collectibles – see them all at StarWars.com.