Who knew you could fit so many stars into the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon?
The untitled Han Solo Star Wars standalone film has begun principal photography as of Feb. 20, and today a new cast photo was released from the set in London’s Pinewood Studios.
StarWars.com’s post confirms the principal cast and concept of the May 25, 2018, release — while still shying away from an official title:
The movie will explore the duo’s adventures before the events of Star Wars: A New Hope, including their early encounters with that other card-playing rogue from a galaxy far, far away, Lando Calrissian.
Phil Lord and Christopher Miller are directors co-piloting the movie, with a cast that includes Alden Ehrenreich as Han Solo, Woody Harrelson, Emilia Clarke, Donald Glover as Lando Calrissian, Thandie Newton, and Phoebe Waller-Bridge, with Joonas Suotamo as Chewbacca.
“Watching such inspired people from all over the world, with such unique voices, come together for the sole purpose of making art, is nothing short of miraculous,” Lord and Miller said. “We can’t think of anything funny to say, because we just feel really moved, and really lucky.”
As you can see from the earlier social media posts below, production got started almost a month ago:
— Chris Miller (@chrizmillr) January 30, 2017
We see what you did there. 😉 https://t.co/9rpanBYOkz
— Star Wars (@starwars) January 30, 2017
Production has begun on the untitled young Han Solo Star Wars “anthology” film, according to a tweet from co-director Chris Miller.
We’ll update this article when more information (like a title?) becomes available. Until then, peruse all we know about the Han Solo movie:
- Comical characters Tag and Bink confirmed to appear in Han Solo movie
- Han Solo movie’s Lando, Donald Glover, wins 1st Emmy Awards
- Ron Howard takes over as director of Star Wars’ Han Solo spinoff movie
- Han Solo film loses its directors over ‘creative differences’
- Michael Kenneth Williams joins cast of Han Solo Star Wars spinoff
- New photo expands cast of Han Solo standalone Star Wars film
- Woody Harrelson joins cast of young Han Solo film