On May 25, 1977, Star Wars debuted. I was there, though I don’t remember it — I was barely two months old as my parents took me to Phoenix’s bygone Cine Capri, and they had to leave early because I got fussier than C-3PO at a Jawa swap meet.
To say that George Lucas’ space opera has comprised much of our coverage over the last decade would be a grotesque understatement. My love for the Saga and the things it inspired (and that inspired it) is one of the driving forces behind Nerdvana’s existence, and continues to be a focus as we approach the blog’s 10th anniversary.
More than 600 entries tagged with “Star Wars” exist in our archives, far more than any other topic. The last few years have been particularly exciting, as Disney’s acquisition of Lucasfilm have re-ignited the Saga (not without controversy, as the vast Expanded Universe of related books, comics and games was upended and largely de-canonized). It’s also been a time of bittersweet memories, as many of the talented and beloved stars and creators left us too soon: Ralph McQuarrie, Kenny Baker, and most recently our American princess, Carrie Fisher … but that is the way of things. The way of the Force. The Saga continues.
Many of Nerdvana’s more recent Star Wars articles appear below, notably dispatches from Star Wars Celebration Orlando last month, plus a few older pieces selected for their significance. I hope you’ll explore all our content, share any of it that resonates with you, and share your memories with us!
May the Force be with you … always.
(And remember: Today probably marks exactly one year until the release of the untitled young Han Solo spinoff movie …)
- Aspyr bringing Star Wars: Republic Commando to Switch, PS4
- These Star Wars stamps are the droids you’re licking for …
- Open-world Star Wars video game in development
- Light of the Jedi shows a bright Republic rising before Star Wars’ dark times
- Cavan Scott’s Rising Storm to follow Light of the Jedi in Star Wars: The High Republic
- Special edition ‘Light of the Jedi’ may blow your socks off
- More Star Wars manga adapted from book material on the way
- A look at IDW’s Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures comic books
- Batuu comes to virtual reality in Star Wars: Tales From the Galaxy’s Edge
- ‘So cute!’ Excitement builds with time-bending LEGO Star Wars Holiday Special trailer
- Catch up on The Mandalorian with Season 1 recap
- New Mandalorian Season 2 special look
- LEGO Star Wars Holiday Special voice cast announced
- Manga adaptations of Star Wars Rebels, Leia: Princess of Alderaan coming to U.S.
- Watch The Mandalorian Season 2 trailer
- The Mandalorian Season 2 starts Oct. 30, 2020
- LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga pushed back to spring 2021
- Clone Wars anthology is mostly TV episode retellings
- Disney+ rebuilds infamous Star Wars Holiday Special as a LEGO follow-up to the sequel trilogy
- Bobby Moynihan, Debra Wilson cast in ‘Star Wars: Tales From the Galaxy’s Edge’ VR
- Clone Wars’ ‘Bad Batch’ unit getting animated Star Wars spinoff in 2021 on Disney+
- ‘Solo’ joins Star Wars movie library on Disney+
- Start your pod engines! Star Wars Episode I: Racer re-release is finally here
- New Star Wars LEGO sets will interact with Skywalker Saga video game
- Star Wars Celebration Anaheim rescheduled for 2022
Star Wars Celebration Orlando 2017
Episode 1-6 retrospective
- Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope
- Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: Episode VIII – The Last Jedi
- Star Wars: Episode IX – The Rise of Skywalker