On May 25, 1977, Star Wars debuted. I was there, though I don’t remember it — I was barely two months old as my parents took me to Phoenix’s bygone Cine Capri, and they had to leave early because I got fussier than C-3PO at a Jawa swap meet.
To say that George Lucas’ space opera has comprised much of our coverage over the last decade would be a grotesque understatement. My love for the Saga and the things it inspired (and that inspired it) is one of the driving forces behind Nerdvana’s existence, and continues to be a focus as we approach the blog’s 10th anniversary.
More than 600 entries tagged with “Star Wars” exist in our archives, far more than any other topic. The last few years have been particularly exciting, as Disney’s acquisition of Lucasfilm have re-ignited the Saga (not without controversy, as the vast Expanded Universe of related books, comics and games was upended and largely de-canonized). It’s also been a time of bittersweet memories, as many of the talented and beloved stars and creators left us too soon: Ralph McQuarrie, Kenny Baker, and most recently our American princess, Carrie Fisher … but that is the way of things. The way of the Force. The Saga continues.
Many of Nerdvana’s more recent Star Wars articles appear below, notably dispatches from Star Wars Celebration Orlando last month, plus a few older pieces selected for their significance. I hope you’ll explore all our content, share any of it that resonates with you, and share your memories with us!
May the Force be with you … always.
(And remember: Today probably marks exactly one year until the release of the untitled young Han Solo spinoff movie …)
- Rogue One’s Riz Ahmed wins 1st Emmy Award for The Night Of
- Phasma: Mad Max beyond Thunder-chrome?
- J.J. Abrams returning to write, direct Star Wars: Episode IX; film moves to December 2019
- Leia: Princess of Alderaan — a bright time for the Rebellion …
- Trevorrow out as Star Wars: Episode IX director
- ‘All paths come together’: Star Wars Rebels’ 4th and final season starts Oct. 16
- The art of war, and settling old scores: Star Wars Rebels’ 3rd season on Blu-ray, DVD this week
- Fantasy Flight is reprinting West End’s d6 Star Wars RPG for its 30th anniversary
- Heroes on both sides? Star Wars: Battlefront II – Inferno Squad explores the human side of the Empire’s dark forces
- Kylo Ren’s ship revealed: TIE Silencer targets Resistance traitors
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi will explore ‘mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations’
- A behind-the-scenes look at The Last Jedi: ‘It’s about family …’
- A royal tribute to Carrie Fisher’s Princess Leia for Denver Comic Con
- Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con 2017 photos
- Star Wars Rebels Season 3 coming to Blu-ray, DVD Aug. 29
- First look at Star Wars: Forces of Destiny, debuting July 3
- Ron Howard takes over as director of Star Wars’ Han Solo spinoff movie
- Han Solo film loses its directors over ‘creative differences’
- Captain Phasma strikes back in Journey to Star Wars: The Last Jedi comic
- Battlefront II embraces Star Wars’ past, future
- May 25: Star Wars turns 40
- Vanity Fair’s Star Wars spread reveals the characters Laura Dern, Benicio del Toro are playing in The Last Jedi
- Vanity Fair covers The Last Jedi with fours-full images
- Star Wars Rebels: Thrawn triumphant going into Season 4
- Rex returns in Star Wars Rebels Season 4: ‘Now he can be something greater’
Star Wars Celebration Orlando 2017
Episode 1-6 retrospective
- Nerdvana’s Episode 7 Days of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
- Nerdvana’s Episode 7 Days of Star Wars: Attack of the Clones
- Nerdvana’s Episode 7 Days of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
- Nerdvana’s Episode 7 Days of Star Wars: A New Hope
- Nerdvana’s Episode 7 Days of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
- Nerdvana’s Episode 7 Days of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi