On May 25, 1977, Star Wars debuted. I was there, though I don’t remember it — I was barely two months old as my parents took me to Phoenix’s bygone Cine Capri, and they had to leave early because I got fussier than C-3PO at a Jawa swap meet.
To say that George Lucas’ space opera has comprised much of our coverage over the last decade would be a grotesque understatement. My love for the Saga and the things it inspired (and that inspired it) is one of the driving forces behind Nerdvana’s existence, and continues to be a focus as we approach the blog’s 10th anniversary.
More than 600 entries tagged with “Star Wars” exist in our archives, far more than any other topic. The last few years have been particularly exciting, as Disney’s acquisition of Lucasfilm have re-ignited the Saga (not without controversy, as the vast Expanded Universe of related books, comics and games was upended and largely de-canonized). It’s also been a time of bittersweet memories, as many of the talented and beloved stars and creators left us too soon: Ralph McQuarrie, Kenny Baker, and most recently our American princess, Carrie Fisher … but that is the way of things. The way of the Force. The Saga continues.
Many of Nerdvana’s more recent Star Wars articles appear below, notably dispatches from Star Wars Celebration Orlando last month, plus a few older pieces selected for their significance. I hope you’ll explore all our content, share any of it that resonates with you, and share your memories with us!
May the Force be with you … always.
(And remember: Today probably marks exactly one year until the release of the untitled young Han Solo spinoff movie …)
- Nerdvana’s 2017 holiday gift guide: RPG edition
- Nerdvana’s 2017 holiday gift guide: Star Wars books edition
- Thrawn comic preview: First contact, so artistically done …
- ‘Rebel Assault’ aftermath: Where is Star Wars Rebels going as its last season winds down?
- The shape of Star Wars to come: New Rian Johnson film trilogy, live-action streaming TV series announced
- X-Wings attack in last new Star Wars Rebels episode of 2017
- Warwick Davis, Seth Green debut on Star Wars Rebels
- Get ready for at least 10 more years of Star Wars movies
- ‘Darkness rises … and the light to meet it’ in illuminating new Last Jedi trailer
- Infinity lives on, sort of, in the Disney Store’s ‘Toybox’
- Nerdvana News Force (Update) # 4 – Doctor Who, Weird Al Tour, Star Trek: Discovery, AOL Instant Messenger and Han Solo!
- Star Wars Rebels finally back on Lothal – stealing kisses and TIE fighters …
- Star Wars Rebels goes deeper into Saw Gerrera’s rift with the Alliance
- Ron Howard wraps production on Solo: A Star Wars Story
- Comical characters Tag and Bink confirmed to appear in Han Solo movie
- Disney debuting new Star Wars: Forces of Destiny content this weekend
- ‘That’s a wrap’: Last Jedi director teases end of post-production
- Rogue One’s Riz Ahmed wins 1st Emmy Award for The Night Of
- Phasma: Mad Max beyond Thunder-chrome?
- J.J. Abrams returning to write, direct Star Wars: Episode IX; film moves to December 2019
- Leia: Princess of Alderaan — a bright time for the Rebellion …
- Trevorrow out as Star Wars: Episode IX director
- ‘All paths come together’: Star Wars Rebels’ 4th and final season starts Oct. 16
- The art of war, and settling old scores: Star Wars Rebels’ 3rd season on Blu-ray, DVD this week
- Fantasy Flight is reprinting West End’s d6 Star Wars RPG for its 30th anniversary
Star Wars Celebration Orlando 2017
Episode 1-6 retrospective
- Nerdvana’s Episode 7 Days of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
- Nerdvana’s Episode 7 Days of Star Wars: Attack of the Clones
- Nerdvana’s Episode 7 Days of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
- Nerdvana’s Episode 7 Days of Star Wars: A New Hope
- Nerdvana’s Episode 7 Days of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
- Nerdvana’s Episode 7 Days of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi