Meet Babu Frik in this extended scene from Star Wars: Episode IX — The Rise of Skywalker. The diminutive Anzellan droidsmith working for with Zorii Bliis and the Spice Runners of Kijimi is more than an underworld chop shop master, as you know if you stuck around for the end of the Skywalker saga’s grand finale.
WARNING: If you haven’t seen The Rise of Skywalker yet, you may want to abort now and read our spoiler-free review instead.
Babu Frik’s introduction is a key scene in Rey, Finn and Poe’s quest to locate Exegol, the Sith Eternal homeworld threatening to disgorge a massive “Final Order” fleet into the galaxy to crush all resistance. It also lets Anthony Daniels shine with some stellar character moments as C-3PO, who gets to perform a vital act for the Resistance — but at great sacrifice to himself. Never underestimate a droid, indeed.
Scottish actress Shirley Henderson, known for playing Moaning Myrtle in the Harry Potter movies, is the voice of Babu Frik, by the way.
Who would win in a cute-off: The Mandalorian’s “Baby Yoda” Child, Babu Frik, baby Ewoks or Porgs? Sound off in the comments! Hey heyyyyy!
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away …
- New Mandalorian Season 2 special look
- LEGO Star Wars Holiday Special voice cast announced
- Manga adaptations of Star Wars Rebels, Leia: Princess of Alderaan coming to U.S.
- Watch The Mandalorian Season 2 trailer
- The Mandalorian Season 2 starts Oct. 30, 2020
- LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga pushed back to spring 2021
- Clone Wars anthology is mostly TV episode retellings
- Disney+ rebuilds infamous Star Wars Holiday Special as a LEGO follow-up to the sequel trilogy
- Bobby Moynihan, Debra Wilson cast in ‘Star Wars: Tales From the Galaxy’s Edge’ VR
- Clone Wars’ ‘Bad Batch’ unit getting animated Star Wars spinoff in 2021 on Disney+
- ‘Solo’ joins Star Wars movie library on Disney+
- Start your pod engines! Star Wars Episode I: Racer re-release is finally here