Meet Babu Frik in this extended scene from Star Wars: Episode IX — The Rise of Skywalker. The diminutive Anzellan droidsmith working for with Zorii Bliis and the Spice Runners of Kijimi is more than an underworld chop shop master, as you know if you stuck around for the end of the Skywalker saga’s grand finale.
WARNING: If you haven’t seen The Rise of Skywalker yet, you may want to abort now and read our spoiler-free review instead.
Babu Frik’s introduction is a key scene in Rey, Finn and Poe’s quest to locate Exegol, the Sith Eternal homeworld threatening to disgorge a massive “Final Order” fleet into the galaxy to crush all resistance. It also lets Anthony Daniels shine with some stellar character moments as C-3PO, who gets to perform a vital act for the Resistance — but at great sacrifice to himself. Never underestimate a droid, indeed.
Scottish actress Shirley Henderson, known for playing Moaning Myrtle in the Harry Potter movies, is the voice of Babu Frik, by the way.
Who would win in a cute-off: The Mandalorian’s “Baby Yoda” Child, Babu Frik, baby Ewoks or Porgs? Sound off in the comments! Hey heyyyyy!
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away …
- ‘Solo’ joins Star Wars movie library on Disney+ July 10
- Start your pod engines! Star Wars Episode I: Racer re-release is finally here
- New Star Wars LEGO sets will interact with Skywalker Saga video game
- Star Wars Celebration Anaheim rescheduled for 2022
- Watch the Star Wars: Squadrons reveal and gameplay trailers
- Jedi Temple Challenge, with first black Star Wars lead Ahmed Best, premieres
- Here is your Disney-approved Star Wars books canon
- Batuu comes to virtual reality in Star Wars: Tales From the Galaxy’s Edge
- Manga adaptations of Star Wars Rebels, Leia: Princess of Alderaan coming to U.S.
- Taika Waititi to direct, co-write Star Wars movie; Leslye Headland running Disney+ series
- First look at LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga key art
- The Clone Wars is George Lucas’ Star Wars at its most visionary