Meet Babu Frik in this extended scene from Star Wars: Episode IX — The Rise of Skywalker. The diminutive Anzellan droidsmith working for with Zorii Bliis and the Spice Runners of Kijimi is more than an underworld chop shop master, as you know if you stuck around for the end of the Skywalker saga’s grand finale.
WARNING: If you haven’t seen The Rise of Skywalker yet, you may want to abort now and read our spoiler-free review instead.
Babu Frik’s introduction is a key scene in Rey, Finn and Poe’s quest to locate Exegol, the Sith Eternal homeworld threatening to disgorge a massive “Final Order” fleet into the galaxy to crush all resistance. It also lets Anthony Daniels shine with some stellar character moments as C-3PO, who gets to perform a vital act for the Resistance — but at great sacrifice to himself. Never underestimate a droid, indeed.
Scottish actress Shirley Henderson, known for playing Moaning Myrtle in the Harry Potter movies, is the voice of Babu Frik, by the way.
Who would win in a cute-off: The Mandalorian’s “Baby Yoda” Child, Babu Frik, baby Ewoks or Porgs? Sound off in the comments! Hey heyyyyy!
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away …
- May the Fourth Be With You: How Margaret Thatcher’s rise launched a Star Wars tradition
- Star Wars: Republic Commando invades Switch, PS4
- Star Wars novels get new editions, cover art in Essential Legends Collection
- Early Star Wars TV spin-offs come to Disney+ (UPDATED)
- Star Wars: The Bad Batch gets trailer and key art
- Obi-Wan Kenobi cast revealed as production set for April
- Free Comic Book Day 2021 titles revealed
- Star Wars: The Bad Batch deploys May 4 on Disney+
- These Star Wars stamps are the droids you’re licking for …
- Open-world Star Wars video game in development
- Light of the Jedi shows a bright Republic rising before Star Wars’ dark times
- Here is your Disney-approved Star Wars books canon