Meet Babu Frik in this extended scene from Star Wars: Episode IX — The Rise of Skywalker. The diminutive Anzellan droidsmith working for with Zorii Bliis and the Spice Runners of Kijimi is more than an underworld chop shop master, as you know if you stuck around for the end of the Skywalker saga’s grand finale.
WARNING: If you haven’t seen The Rise of Skywalker yet, you may want to abort now and read our spoiler-free review instead.
Babu Frik’s introduction is a key scene in Rey, Finn and Poe’s quest to locate Exegol, the Sith Eternal homeworld threatening to disgorge a massive “Final Order” fleet into the galaxy to crush all resistance. It also lets Anthony Daniels shine with some stellar character moments as C-3PO, who gets to perform a vital act for the Resistance — but at great sacrifice to himself. Never underestimate a droid, indeed.
Scottish actress Shirley Henderson, known for playing Moaning Myrtle in the Harry Potter movies, is the voice of Babu Frik, by the way.
Who would win in a cute-off: The Mandalorian’s “Baby Yoda” Child, Babu Frik, baby Ewoks or Porgs? Sound off in the comments! Hey heyyyyy!
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away …
- Star Wars: The High Republic: Tempest Runner audio original’s cast revealed
- ‘Disney Gallery: Star Wars: The Mandalorian – Making of the Season 2 Finale’ coming to Disney+ Aug. 25
- Disney+ offers special look at Star Wars: Visions anime shorts
- Cavan Scott’s Rising Storm follows Light of the Jedi in Star Wars: The High Republic
- Star Wars: The Bad Batch mid-season sneak peek
- Del Rey expanding Star Wars Essential Legends Collection universe
- 1980s Droids cartoon finally joins Disney+ library
- Star Wars novels get new editions, cover art in Essential Legends Collection
- New Star Wars comic series set during High Republic coming from Marvel
- May the Fourth Be With You: How Margaret Thatcher’s rise launched a Star Wars tradition
- Star Wars: Republic Commando invades Switch, PS4
- Early Star Wars TV spin-offs come to Disney+ (UPDATED)