In the spirit of Free RPG Day this Saturday (June 21), Nerdvana has a gift for readers: The first person to e-mail us by midnight Friday, June 20, with the correct answers to these five D&D trivia questions will collect some sweet D&D Game Day 2008 gear:
- What species, a Player’s Handbook character race in D&D since the First Edition days, has been moved to the Monster Manual for the new Fourth Edition?
- Name the best kind of armor for a wizard to wear.
- What Bibleman actor previously lent his voice to the early ’80s Dungeons & Dragons cartoon?
- Explain what THAC0 means. Provide examples, if necessary.
- Name the magical blade most likely to decapitate a foe.
The D&D Game Day kit includes a full set of gaming dice, a dozen painted miniatures (including the handsome Large White Dragon, pictured at right), demo character sheets, a battle map and an adventure booklet detailing Into the Shadowhaunt, the scenario played June 7 by Game Day participants.
But wait — there’s more! The friendly folks at Bookmans Entertainment Exchange, who were kind enough to let us host a Game Day event at their Phoenix store, have supplied a coupon for $10 off your next purchase at their fine establishment! (Second and third runners-up, if any, will also receive the coupon.)
SPECIAL THANKS ARE IN ORDER:
Discuss Literary Adventures at the Facebook group 'For the Love of All Things Edgar Rice Burroughs.'