On Saturday, June 21, head down to your friendly local gaming store for a free taste of the tabletop roleplaying hobby. Dozens of publishers will have special offerings, from beginner rules to adventure modules to dice.
Participating East Valley locations include: Gamer’s Inn on Southern Avenue east of Stapley Drive in Mesa; The Game Depot at McClintock Drive and Southern Avenue in Tempe; and Game Master Games, on Gilbert Road between Warner and Ray roads, Gilbert.
A list of the available freebies can be found here. Of note, Wizards of the Coast will offer an exclusive Dungeons & Dragons Fourth Edition adventure as well as painted miniatures, and both Chessex and Q-Workshop will offer exclusive gaming dice.
Why wait? Enter to win a D&D adventure now!
In the spirit of Free RPG Day, Nerdvana has a fantastic gift for readers: The first person to e-mail us by midnight Friday, June 20, with the correct answers to these five D&D trivia questions will collect some sweet D&D Game Day 2008 gear:
- What species, a Player’s Handbook character race in D&D since the First Edition days, has been moved to the Monster Manual for the new Fourth Edition?
- Name the best kind of armor for a wizard to wear.
- What Bibleman actor previously lent his voice to the early ’80s Dungeons & Dragons cartoon?
- Explain what THAC0 means. Provide examples, if necessary.
- Name the magical blade most likely to decapitate a foe.
The D&D Game Day kit includes a full set of gaming dice, a dozen painted miniatures, 5 demo character sheets, a battle map and an adventure booklet containing Into the Shadowhaunt, the scenario played June 7 by Game Day participants.
But wait — there’s more! The friendly folks at Bookmans Entertainment Exchange, who were kind enough to let us host a Game Day event at their Phoenix store, have supplied a coupon for $10 off your next purchase at their fine establishment! (Second and third runners-up, if any, will also receive the coupon.)