If the upcoming Evolution tournament wasn’t enough, this Saturday is going to serve up a clash of competitive fighting game greats at the Twin Galaxies Fight Club. Notable players across games such as Dragon Ball FighterZ, Super Smash Bros. Melee and Tekken 7, will take the stage at the Luxor Esports Arena Las Vegas to compete.
Twin Galaxies Fight Club is the first of a new series of eSports battles, aimed at matching up some of the best and brightest of the fighting game community to duke it out for glory. Separating itself from the Evolution Championship Series, the competition is bringing Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes and Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds back to the spotlight as a main stage brawl.
The fight card of the upcoming eSports event boasts the likes of longtime community figures such as Alex Valle and Michael “YipeS” Mendoza, as well as several prior Evo champs such as Justin Wong, Christopher “NYChrisG” Gonzalez, and Lee “Infiltration” Seon-woo, just to name a few.
The full event card is as follows:
- Dragon Ball FighterZ – Dominique “SonicFox” McLean vs. Goichi “GO1” Kishida
- Street Fighter V – Hajime “Tokido” Taniguchi vs. Lee “Infiltration” Seon-woo
- Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting, Street Fighter Alpha 2, and Street Fighter Alpha 3 – Alex Valle vs. John Choi
- Tekken 7 – Kim “JDCR” Hyun Jin vs. Choi “Saint” Jinwoo
- Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes – Abraham “GoldenboyNeo” Sotelo vs. Desmond “Xecutioner” Pinkney
- Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes – Justin Wong vs. Sanford Kelly vs. Michael “YipeS” Mendoza
- Super Smash Bros. Melee – Adam “Armada” Lindgren vs. Joseph “Mang0” Marquez
- Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds – Ryan “Filipino Champ” Ramirez vs. Christopher “NYChrisG” Gonzalez
The roster alone is priming the first of the Twin Galaxies Fight Club to be a veritable pro bowl of fighting game competition. Many of the players are highly decorated with tournament wins, including over 30 combined Evo first-place finishes.
SPECIAL THANKS ARE IN ORDER:
Discuss Literary Adventures at the Facebook group 'For the Love of All Things Edgar Rice Burroughs.'Trademarks TARZAN®, TARZAN OF THE APES®, JOHN CARTER OF MARS®, DEJAH THORIS®, PELLUCIDAR®, A PRINCESS OF MARS® and EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS® are owned by Edgar Rice Burroughs, Inc.