There was no big Stargate comeback news at Comic-Con as had been hinted — at least according to the Nerdvana boots we had on the ground, and they covered A LOT of ground. But close on the heels of the big show in San Diego have come some substantial Stargate developments:
- Fan news site GateWorld hinted earlier this year that we might get a Stargate SG-1-themed app, and now it’s arrived! You can explore the SGC in the Stargate Command app for iPad and iPhone, play wormhole golf in the Embarkation Room, and even find some tantalizing clues to “the future of SG-1” if you explore deep enough (and care to make an in-app purchase). Read all about the clues and see some of the material here. It’s curious stuff that hasn’t, to my knowledge, been seen before.
- A bit less exciting: It’s the 15th anniversary of Stargate SG-1, and earlier this week iTunes announced a sale on all 10 seasons of the series. The special pricing runs through July 24.
- Oh, and there’s also some loose talk from original Stargate film writer-producer Dean Devlin of returning to his universe to finish the story he started in the 1994 movie, as if the three TV series that followed never even existed. Hm. Good luck with that! (Or as Jack O’Neill said, “Give my regards to King Tut!)
More Stargate news on Nerdvana:
- Detailed new look at unfinished Stargate video game — no, the OTHER one
- Report: Investors in failed Stargate game still pursuing their money in Arizona court
- Is Stargate SG-1 making a comeback of some kind at San Diego Comic-Con?
- Gambling sites still having their way with Stargate franchise’s good name
- Welcome to the Stargate casino: Playing in the ruins of a sci-fi video game franchise
- A real American hero laments the end of Stargate
- ‘Stargate Universe’ finale: Looking back on 14 years as the iris closes — for good?
SPECIAL THANKS ARE IN ORDER:
Discuss Literary Adventures at the Facebook group 'For the Love of All Things Edgar Rice Burroughs.'Trademarks TARZAN®, TARZAN OF THE APES®, JOHN CARTER OF MARS®, DEJAH THORIS®, PELLUCIDAR®, A PRINCESS OF MARS® and EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS® are owned by Edgar Rice Burroughs, Inc.