For fans of Final Fantasy XV, the arrival of its official port to PC was much anticipated. Publisher and developer Square Enix announced that both the Windows and Royal editions of the game would be releasing on March 6, according to a recent press release.
The Royal Edition will release to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One systems. The Windows Edition will be made available on Origin, Steam, and the Windows 10 store. Even though they boast differing names, the re-release will contain the same content between the packages.
Some of the things gamers can look forward to in these newer, bundled editions include:
- An expanded map of Insomnia for exploration.
- A fully controllable Royal Vessel boat, allowing players to free roam water areas.
- All season pass content including Episode Gladiolus, Episode Prompto, Episode Ignis, and the Multiplayer Expansion Comrades.
- In-game accessory to trigger the new “Armiger Unleashed” action.
- Archive to review found pieces of in-game lore including “Cosmogony” entries.
- Extra quests for the Regalia Type-D and extra DLC items.
- New first-person camera mode from Noctis’ perspective.
- The base Final Fantasy XV game.
Both versions of the game will be priced at $49.99. PC requirements for the Windows Edition have been released on the official Final Fantasy XV website.
Folks who have owned the game on Xbox One or PS4 since release need not fret, as they can access the additional features via a standalone DLC. In conjunction with the release of both editions, players can purchase a separate Royal Pack DLC for $19.99 on either the PlayStation Network or Xbox Store. The Royal Pack will apply all new features included in the Royal and Windows editions to the base game.
SPECIAL THANKS ARE IN ORDER:
Discuss Literary Adventures at the Facebook group 'For the Love of All Things Edgar Rice Burroughs.'