With the latest versions of the Dungeons & Dragons rulebooks out next Friday, the dungeon masters at Wizards of the Coast have planned nationwide demos on next Saturday, June 7 — and yours truly will be hosting one.
Come find me in the community room of the Phoenix Bookmans store on the northwest corner of 19th and Northern avenues, just a mile east of Interstate 17 from the Northern exit. I’ll be the one wearing some kind of wizardly garb (just kidding — you hope).
|If you want to attend at that location, e-mail me! I’ll have some Tribune swag to give away and I’ll attempt to run the new D&D demo adventure. It all starts at 9:30 a.m. and will end by noon. Everyone is welcome — and it’s free!
Funky dice, miniatures, character sheets and sharpened Tribune pencils will be provided. All that’s missing is YOU.
|IF YOU GO
What: D&D Game Day
When: 9:30 a.m. to noon June 7
Where: Phoenix Bookmans [DIRECTIONS]
If you can’t make it to my event, fear not brave warriors! Here are some other Valley locations that will be getting in on the action:
- Gamer’s Inn, on Southern Avenue east of Stapley Drive in Mesa.
- The Game Depot, at McClintock Drive and Southern Avenue in Tempe.
- Game Master Games, on Gilbert Road between Warner and Ray roads, Gilbert.
- Game Nightz inside Metrocenter mall, Interstate 17 between Dunlap and Peoria avenues, Phoenix.
- Samurai Comics, on Seventh Street north of Camelback Road and Indian School Road west of 107th Avenue, Phoenix.
Of course, you can always contact your friendly local gaming store and ask about getting in on a group. Gamers are generally a friendly lot and they’re happy to welcome
fresh meat new players. After all, D&D is a game that requires social interaction.
But the official D&D Game Day is always a blast with freebies and fun trivia events, so I hope to see you there!
ASSOCIATED PRESS PHOTO