Star Wars: Episode VII — The Force Awakens comes home to digital customers April 1 and follows on Blu-ray April 5.
Today a teaser of the special features was released, including a sneak peek at some of the deleted scenes.
We didn’t get to see Kylo Ren board the Millennium Falcon in the movie, but that’s one of the scenes that was shot and left on the cutting room floor.
This is also our first look outside of theaters at the almighty ass-kicking Ren takes at the hands of Rey, aside from a brief look at the climactic scene in a sizzle reel at last weekend’s Academy Awards. This trailer also includes a glimpse of the now-iconic scene in which Rey snatches the Skywalker lightsaber away as Ren attempts to summon it to him with the Force after nearly killing Finn.
You can also expect a full-length documentary on the making of the film. Over and over and over again!
Here’s a rundown of the bonus features, in addition to the deleted scenes:
- Secrets of The Force Awakens: A Cinematic Journey – For the first time, discover the complete story behind the making of The Force Awakens, revealed through in-depth footage and exclusive interviews with the actors and filmmakers in this feature documentary
- The Story Awakens: The Table Read – Cast members familiar and new reflect on the memorable day they all first came together to read the movie’s script
- Building BB-8 – See how the filmmakers brought the newest droid to the screen, creating an instant fan favorite in the Star Wars universe
- Crafting Creatures – Watch movie magic as the filmmakers bring a cast of new creatures to life
- Blueprint of a Battle: The Snow Fight – Go deeper into the epic, climactic lightsaber battle between Rey and Kylo Ren
- John Williams: The Seventh Symphony – The legendary composer shares personal insights of his work on Star Wars and The Force Awakens
- ILM: The Visual Magic of The Force – An insider’s look into the remarkable digital artistry of the movie’s visual effects.
- Force For Change – Heroes come in all shapes and sizes. See how the Star Wars: Force for Change initiative has united Star Wars fans all over the globe to help others
When it comes to packaging, you’ll have plenty of retailer-exclusive options to choose from — some with specific bonus features you won’t get anywhere else:
- TARGET – The Target Star Wars: The Force Awakens Blu-ray Combo Pack comes with exclusive packaging and an added 20 minutes of bonus content, including never-before-seen interviews with Daisy Ridley and John Boyega and a deeper look at the movie’s costumes and weaponry
- WALMART – The Walmart Star Wars: The Force Awakens Blu-ray Combo Pack comes with exclusive BB-8 packaging and an exclusive Star Wars Galactic Connexions trading disc
- BEST BUY – The Best Buy Star Wars: The Force Awakens Blu-ray Combo Pack features exclusive SteelBook Packaging
Interestingly, the home 3-D version of The Force Awakens isn’t going to be available until later this year, according to Lucasfilm.