Star Wars Rebels will get a fourth season this fall on Disney XD, Lucasfilm announced Friday on the official Star Wars Facebook page.
The animated series is currently nearing the end of its third season. A new episode, “Secret Cargo,” airs Saturday and introduces the character of Mon Montha into the animated Star Wars universe. You can watch a clip and see images from the episode (such as the one above) in our earlier post about that episode.
Marc Buhaj, senior vice president of programming and general manager at Disney XD, said in a press release: “The team behind Star Wars Rebels delivers epic storytelling that has captivated fans of all ages across the globe. We’re excited to continue sharing the journey of these fan-favorite Rebels with our audience in the fall.”
With production underway, Lucastilm adds that fans can look forward to more details and an announcement about the fourth season during Star Wars Celebration this April in Orlando — and I’ll be there to bring you the news as it happens!
Rebels news archive:
- Star Wars Rebels remembered a year after emotional finale; creator teases ‘a possible future’
- Watch every Darth Vader scene from Star Wars Rebels
- Why you shouldn’t expect time travel doors to become common in Star Wars
- Kevin Kiner reflects on Rebels score, adding to Star Wars’ musical legacy
- Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Blu-ray, DVD coming July 31
- May the Fourth Be With You: 7 new Star Wars: Forces of Destiny episodes
- Last Jedi, Rebels, Clone Wars alum returning for Star Wars: Forces of Destiny animated tales
- VIDEO: Star Wars Rebels family comes full circle
- How to catch up on Star Wars Rebels for free before the series finale
- Star Wars Rebels finale preview: ‘A Fool’s Hope,’ ‘Family Reunion – and Farewell’
- ‘Mine at last!’ The Emperor’s reach finds Star Wars Rebels, as another character’s fate finally is revealed
- Picking up the pieces, Star Wars Rebels’ Ghost crew defends Jedi Temple secrets
- Ralph McQuarrie’s sci-fi vision has never been more alive
- Kanan and company ramp up for a rescue mission as Star Wars Rebels begins last batch of episodes
- Solo promotion begins: What kept you, flyboy?
- Father, Son, Daughter: Mortis, other Clone Wars mysteries return for Star Wars Rebels’ last act
- The Emperor is coming here? Ian McDiarmid reprises role when Star Wars Rebels’ 4th and final season picks up Feb. 19
- ‘Rebel Assault’ aftermath: Where is Star Wars Rebels going as its last season winds down?
- The shape of Star Wars to come: New Rian Johnson film trilogy, live-action streaming TV series announced
- X-Wings attack in last new Star Wars Rebels episode of 2017
SPECIAL THANKS ARE IN ORDER:
Discuss Literary Adventures at the Facebook group 'For the Love of All Things Edgar Rice Burroughs.'