“Zombies Versus” is the theme of this month’s Second Friday block party in downtown Mesa. Dress like a zombie for a zombie walk, or dress like a robot and help eradicate the zombie uprising at this family friendly gathering with live music, art, contests and prizes.
Speaking of art, a “Zombie Bob Ross” (portrayed by artist David St. Albans) will give his undead art creations away for the price of two nonperishable food items or a $2 cash donation to Mesa’s United Food Bank. See if he’ll paint you a “happy little brain” or two…
Other harrowing Halloweenish highlights:
- Monsterland, a state of the art haunted attraction, loaded with CGI, animatronic figures, laser, strobe, and water effects.
- Creative costume contest with live music and prizes at the OneOhOne Gallery at 8 p.m.
- Haunted basement tours of the spooky OneOhOne Gallery basement space, starting at 8:30 p.m.
- Real robotic demonstrations at the HeatSync Labs hackerspace.
- Kids can trick-or-treat at participating Main Street businesses.
- Cult classic horror films will be showcased at the Royale Theater.
- Designer vinyl toy art show at the Rusted Nail Gallery, featuring handmade resin figures and custom designer toys from around the world.