Here we go again!
Phoenix Comic Fest will be renamed Phoenix Fan Fusion when it returns in 2019.
The dates for Phoenix Fan Fusion remain centered around the Memorial Day weekend: May 23-26, 2019.
Convention owner Square Egg Entertainment announced the latest name change Sunday morning at a downtown Phoenix press conference on the heels of Saturday night’s evacuation of the Phoenix Convention Center due to a suspected false fire alarm.
“One of the things we’ve heard most is that Phoenix Comic Fest just doesn’t roll off the tongue,” said a Sunday press release from marketing manager Kristin Rowan. “We heard you and we’re listening. It doesn’t sound quite right to us either. Therefore in 2019 Phoenix Comic Fest, formerly known as Phoenix Comicon will become Phoenix Fan Fusion”
The company also runs Minnesota Fan Fusion (Aug. 3-5), once known as Minnesota Fan Fest, as well as the recently launched Vegas Fan Fusion (Sept. 28-30).
Phoenix Fan Fest, a smaller show typically held in the Valley later in the year, hasn’t been announced for 2018 or beyond yet. A Square Egg representative told Nerdvana last month that the company still planned to hold a fall event this year, but the name and theme of it were up in the air. Nerdvana has reached out for an updated comment and will update this post if we get any more information.
Sunday is the last day of Phoenix Comic Fest.
BEFORE THE FUSION – More from Phoenix Comic Fest 2018:
- AZ Gaming Indies: ‘Chroma Shift’
- Will Manu Bennett return to ‘Arrow’ and more questions answered
- AZ Gaming Indies: ‘Dice Tactics’
- Arizona family recreates ‘Supernatural’ car
- Phoenix Comic Fest 2018 – gaming
- Phoenix Comic Fest 2018 – photos from Sunday
- Fire alarm triggers Phoenix Convention Center evac, ending Saturday’s Comic Fest events (UPDATED)
- Phoenix Comic Fest 2018 – photos from Saturday
- Phoenix Comic Fest 2018 – photos from Friday
- Party on! Phoenix Comic Fest 2018 – photos from Thursday
- Restrictions on prop weapons put in place at Phoenix Comic Fest
- Roaming Comic Fest? Let Your Phoenix CW charge you up in a Flash
- Your Phoenix CW’s 30 Second Download: With the Phoenix Ghostbusters at Comic Fest
- Your Phoenix CW video: Star Wars at Comic Fest
- Your Phoenix CW’s 30 Second Download: Eats at Comic Fest
SPECIAL THANKS ARE IN ORDER:
Discuss Literary Adventures at the Facebook group 'For the Love of All Things Edgar Rice Burroughs.'Trademarks TARZAN®, TARZAN OF THE APES®, JOHN CARTER OF MARS®, DEJAH THORIS®, PELLUCIDAR®, A PRINCESS OF MARS® and EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS® are owned by Edgar Rice Burroughs, Inc.