Phoenix Comic Fest owner Square Egg Entertainment hasn’t announced whether its smaller fall event, known as Phoenix Fan Fest, will return under that name — but the company has confirmed to Nerdvana that there will be a fall show this year.
We just don’t know what it will be called yet.
“Theme, name and other details have yet to be decided,” Square Egg marketing director Kristin Rowan told Nerdvana.
Last year’s Phoenix Fan Fest was Nov. 11-12, 2017, at the Phoenix Convention Center.
It wouldn’t be much of a shocker if the event was renamed Phoenix Fan Fusion, for example: Square Egg’s other, Midwestern Fan Fest in Minnesota was rebranded Minnesota Fan Fusion; it’s taking place Aug. 3-5 at the Saint Paul Rivercentre.
The company also recently announced Vegas Fan Fusion, set for Sept. 28-30 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
I asked Rowan what made Square Egg roll the dice on Las Vegas as the site of a Fan Fusion expansion. “We take several things into consideration when looking at new locations,” she replied. “Travel distance, costs for venues, population, and competing shows.
“Vegas is a great spot for us to continue our expansion.”
I also asked if Square Egg is interested in expanding to other regions.
“At this time, we are focusing on the shows we have,” Rowan responded.
So, Phoenix, St. Paul and Vegas seem to be it for now.
The big show approaches: Phoenix Comic Fest
Phoenix Comic Fest is happening over Memorial Day weekend, May 24-27, at the Phoenix Convention Center.
More Nerdvana coverage of Phoenix Comic Fest and Square Egg Entertainment:
- Phoenix Fan Fusion media registration adds fees to coverage requirements for 2020 passes
- Vegas Fan Fusion canceled following Square Egg staffing cuts
- Job cuts at Phoenix Fan Fusion owner Square Egg Entertainment
- Rocket’s Rad 80’s Party: Kids Need to Read fundraiser a go after Phoenix Comic Fest evacuation
- AZ Gaming Indies: ‘Morpheus’
- Phoenix Fan Fest discontinued, axing late-year event from Phoenix Comic Fest parent
- Will Manu Bennett return to ‘Arrow’ and more questions answered
- AZ Gaming Indies: ‘Dice Tactics’
- Arizona family recreates ‘Supernatural’ car
- Phoenix Comic Fest 2018 – photos from Sunday