Conventioneers are gathering this weekend at the Phoenix Mesa Marriott for LepreCon 35, which this year is being billed as a “relaxacon” or smaller fan gathering instead of a full-scale convention, due to the organization’s involvement with the larger WesterCon and last month’s North American Discworld Convention.
And here are other local conventions in the offing, as seen in the “Local Convention Calendar” list on the right-hand side of the page:
- Saboten-Con: Oct. 30 to Nov. 1, 2009, Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa
- Dark Con: Jan. 14-17, 2010, Grace Inn Ahwatukee
- LepreCon 36: May 14-16, 2010, Phoenix Mesa Marriott
- Phoenix Comicon: May 27-30, 2010, Phoenix Convention Center
- RandomCon: July 9-11, 2010 (tentative), Grace Inn Ahwatukee
As always, if you see something I’ve neglected or messed up, send an e-mail to the address in the sidebar or tweet @nerdvana. Or, just leave a comment below!
SPECIAL THANKS ARE IN ORDER:
Discuss Literary Adventures at the Facebook group 'For the Love of All Things Edgar Rice Burroughs.'Trademarks TARZAN®, TARZAN OF THE APES®, JOHN CARTER OF MARS®, DEJAH THORIS®, PELLUCIDAR®, A PRINCESS OF MARS® and EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS® are owned by Edgar Rice Burroughs, Inc.