The Art of Video Games curators seek 80 games that are visually spectacular or especially innovative in their design.
Voting opened Monday and continues through April 7. There are 240 nominees, broken down into categories by era:
- Start! (1970s to early 1980s)
- 8-Bit (early 1980s to early 1990s)
- Bit Wars! (early 1990s to mid-1990s)
- Transition (mid-1990s to early 2000s)
- Next Generation (early 2000s to today)
After the D.C. exhibit closes in September 2012, there’s a possibility The Art of Video Games will go on the road.