“Normally we would be putting the final touches on our planning for the 2021 Arizona Game Fair, but nothing about this year has been normal. COVID-19 has been a devastating reality for many families and businesses,” a statement read. “And while we find the prospects of the vaccine promising, we cannot in good conscience hold our event scheduled for this March. So, we will once again postpone our show.”
Arizona Game Fair’s statement said organizers have worked with the Mesa Convention Center to push their contract to March 2022.
Badges holders who did not request a refund this summer will retain a credit they can use towards any future Arizona Game Fair event, including sponsorships and booths.
“We will work toward opening 2022 registration in late Summer when we have a better idea of what the pandemic situation is, and most importantly, what your interest is in getting together to game at a large event. Our primary goal is to keep you, our staff and volunteers safe.”
Arizona Game Fair may begin to open up events like their monthly Tabletop Traders buy, sell, trade event during the coming year if it can do so safely, the statement added.
“This will not be an easy year for us. We still have debt and expenses like insurance, website hosting and storage that we must pay without having any meaningful income for the year. Our private ‘Thank you’ event that we were planning for 2021 will move to our new 2022 date in March. You can purchase tickets for $10 at our website shop. The money from that event will help pay our bills this year.
“We also expect prices will go up, but will do our best to make sure the shows are affordable.”
More events coverage from Nerdvana:
Stay up to date on Arizona event cancellations and postponements:
January 7, 2022Taiyou Con 2022
January 8, 2022Taiyou Con 2022
January 9, 2022Taiyou Con 2022
March 10, 2022Arizona Game Fair 2022
March 11, 2022Arizona Game Fair 2022
March 12, 2022Arizona Game Fair 2022
March 13, 2022Arizona Game Fair 2022
August 5, 2022Game on Expo 2022
August 6, 2022Game on Expo 2022
August 7, 2022Game on Expo 2022
September 2, 2022Tucson Comic-Con 2022
September 3, 2022Tucson Comic-Con 2022
September 4, 2022Tucson Comic-Con 2022
More effects of the coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic:
- Phoenix Fan Fusion 2022 rescheduled from January to Memorial Day Weekend
- California amusement parks reopen at 25% capacity with limits on out-of-state visitors
- Game On Expo won’t return until at least 2022
- Special Olympics athletes build connections, form community through esports
- Phoenix Fan Fusion 2021 scrubbed; January 2022 event set
- Jon M. Chu steps away from Willow project
- Independent music venues struggle to stay afloat during pandemic
- Arizona Renaissance Festival won’t happen in 2021
- Free Comic Book Day is returning in 2021
- Magic Kingdom fans impatient over continued closure of Disneyland