Wednesday the world celebrates Geek Pride Day. It’s a great run-up to the weekend fandemonium that is Phoenix Comicon.
Here’s how the St. Petersburg Times sums up the day’s meaning:
– The right to associate with other nerds.
– The right to have few friends (or none at all).
– The right to not leave your house.
– The right to not like football or any other sport.
– The right to be out of style.
– The right to be overweight and nearsighted.
– Try to be nerdier than anyone else.
– If there is a discussion about something geeky, you must give your opinion.
– Don’t be a generalized geek. You must specialize in something.
– Attend every nerdy movie on opening night and buy every geeky book before anyone else.
– Wait in line on every opening night. If you can go in costume or at least with a related T-shirt, all the better.