Attendees are encouraged to come dressed as their favorite buccaneer (or buccaness) and get their “Jolly Roger” on for this unique art walk event in “Yo Ho Historic Downtown Mesa!” The featured events will include:
- “Talk Like a Pirate” 10th anniversary video screening and contest, with a duffle bag full of prizes.
- Best Booty Contest, with treasures awarded for the most appealing bounty.
- Best Pirate Costume Contest, with prizes for attendees with the most “Arrghh-itude!”
- The Arizona Corsairs will be providing balloon swords and temporary tattoos for kids.
- Walk the Plank activity for kids, with prizes awarded.
- Raiding Parties: Pirate Role-Playing Card Game demonstrations, featuring artwork by Don Maitz (creator of the Captain Morgan logo.)
- Captain Blackheart and the Arizona Corsairs sword-fighting demonstrations.
- Drink specials at local eating establishments (if you’re dressed like a Pirate that is…)