By Caitlynn McDaniel
SAN DIEGO – A lot went down in the world of comics and if you were not able to keep up with all of the announcements, here is a little round-up of some highlights from the San Diego Comic-Con 2019.
Marvel Phase 4: The MCU dropped a lot on us in a very short period of time! The franchise unveiled a huge part of their outline of what we can expect from Phase 4 from Angelina Jolie joining the team and being cast in The Eternals, Natalie Portman returning to the Thor series and wielding the hammer as a female God of Thunder, Valkyrie as King of Asgard must find her Queen, and so much more.
Here is a timeline of the announced projects and their predicted release dates.
- Black Widow – May 1, 2020
- The Falcon and the Winter Soldier – Fall 2020 (Disney+)
- The Eternals – November 6, 2020
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings: Feb. 12, 2021
- WandaVision – Spring 2020 (Disney+)
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness – May 7, 2021
- Loki – Spring 2021 (Disney+)
- What If…? – Summer 2021 (Disney+)
- Hawkeye – Fall 2021 (Disney+)
- Thor: Love and Thunder – Nov. 5, 2021
Mark Hamill: Comic-Con surprised Mark Hamill with the Icon of the Year award on day one of the convention. The Star Wars icon is currently promoting his newest project, Netflix’s Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance.
What new project are you most excited to see?