San Diego Comic-Con provides no shortage of geek news, and nothing is more nerdtastic than some Star Wars updates. Lucasfilm revealed a brand new trailer for Season 3 of the critically acclaimed The Clone Wars television series, and fans with a keen eye will pick up on some new character additions. Here’s a look at some of the new arrivals and a few things to keep a lookout for once Season 3 kicks off this fall. View the trailer by clicking the link below:
- Cad Bane (who, despite his extreme marketing exposure, hasn’t made an appearance since episode 3 of Season 2) and Aurra Sing (who, not surprisingly, survived the finale of Season 2) are back, and sure to cause the Jedi some trouble.
- A new battle droid design is featured. (0:09)
- A new, as yet unnamed, Nikto Jedi will join the ranks of Republic defenders. (0:14, 0:59 & 1:13)
- Seth Green returns to voice Cad Bane’s droid, Todo 360. (0:33)
- C-3PO gets kidnapped?! (0:36)
- Jabba the Hutt, Ziro the Hutt, Asajj Ventress and series regular, General Grievous, return to the rouges gallery.
- New characters, Sergeant Bric and two new as yet unnamed clone leaders will make their Clone Wars debuts. (0:52 & 1:20)
- Virtual reality clone trooper training? (0:55)
- Shaak Ti makes her first Clone Wars appearance. (1:09)
- Cad Bane wields a lightsaber?! (1:17)
- Season 3 will return to the cloning world of Kamino. (1:27)
Season 3 looks like it will focus heavily on Anakin Skywalker’s padawan, Ahsoka Tano. Ahsoka has been a controversial character, mostly stemming from the fact that she is never referenced in Revenge of the Sith. So the question still remains – what becomes of her? Season 3 might provide some answers.
See anything else of interest in the new trailer? Any predictions for Season 3?
SPECIAL THANKS ARE IN ORDER:
Discuss Literary Adventures at the Facebook group 'For the Love of All Things Edgar Rice Burroughs.'Trademarks TARZAN®, TARZAN OF THE APES®, JOHN CARTER OF MARS®, DEJAH THORIS®, PELLUCIDAR®, A PRINCESS OF MARS® and EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS® are owned by Edgar Rice Burroughs, Inc.