Amazon has lowered the price of its Kindle e-book reader to $259 and unveiled an international model, according to PC World … but Canada is still Kindle-less due to a lack of wireless distribution agreements for the device’s bookish content, reports the Globe & Mail.
If you’re reading this, O Canada, here’s some of the fun you’ve been missing:
- ASU sued by blind groups over use of Amazon’s e-book device
- Amazon embraces the Orwellian spirit
- Orwell e-books yanked from Kindles were bootlegs
- Amazon’s Orwellian move to delete e-books brings lawsuit
- Orwell rights resolved, Amazon tries to smooth ruffled feathers