Downtown Mesa’s monthly themed art walk event, 2ND Friday, is getting an early start on the predicted 2012 Mayan Armageddon with their “Apocalypse Party” on Friday, October 12, 6 – 10 p.m. – and whether your favorite apocalyptic poison is zombies, alien invasions, Mad Max or video-game themed, this Friday is a great opportunity to rock your Ragnarok.
Attendees are invited to come to this FREE event dressed in their best “end-of-days” apparel and enjoy an evening of Earth-shattering entertainment that will include:
- Zombie Walk: Downtown Mesa’s original “zombie” themed event will once again bring downtown’s Main Street back to life.
- Apocalypse Party Costume Contest: This “Judgment Day” includes a costume contest! Come in whatever your favorite apocalyptic poison may be – Zombies, Alien Invasion, Cthulhu Cult, Mad Max or your favorite end-of-the-world themed video game. Prizes awarded for the best Zombie, Sci-Fi, Kids and Most Creative. Time: 8:00 p.m.
- Haunted Basement Tour: The OneOhOne Gallery will be providing tours of their haunted basement and screening the 5-minute movie “The Basement” as part of the experience.
- Halloween Face Painting: Didn’t have time to put your costume together? No worries – an onsite face-artist can monster you up in no-time.
- End-of-Days Sign Contest: Prizes for the most original and creative “End is Near” themed signs. Time: 8:00 p.m.
- Kid’s Activities: Prizes and Halloween-themed activities for the kids.
- Girlfriends for Pink: Charity Event for the American Cancer Society & MD Anderson at the Aesthetics Institute & Laser Sciences (202 W. Main St. #102).
- End of Days Sidewalk Sale/Live painting: Rusted Halo will be in front of LuLubel Toy Bodega with huge bargains and live painting by the wonderful Margaret Waclawski.
If you are having trouble getting your Armageddon themed outfit together, the amazing Allen Amis of Anarchy Creations will be holding a pre-event Apocalyptic Armor and Costume Workshop at Queen’s Pizzeria in downtown Mesa. On Wednesday, October 10, 4 – 10 p.m., Allen will be helping you create a costume capable of surviving any apocalyptic event imaginable (or at least you’ll look great anyway.) The workshop is FREE and you are encouraged to bring your own supplies – but, if you use Anarchy Creations’ supplies a donation is requested.
The 2ND Friday themed art walks are always FREE and offer fun entertainment, live music, dining, art and unique shopping opportunities as well as fantastic fun and amazing adventures in eccentric downtown Mesa. You can get more information at 2ndfridaynightout.com
What: Apocalyptic Armor and Costume Workshop
When: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 – 4:00 to 10:00 p.m.
Where: Queen’s Pizzeria, 127 West Main Street, Mesa, AZ 85208
Cost: FREE (with your own supplies); $5 – $20 (if Anarchy Creations’ supplies are used)
Details: Facebook Event Listing
What: 2ND Friday Apocalypse Party