Wizards of the Coast on Monday unveiled the new cover designs for the Dungeons & Dragons Player’s Handbook, Monster Manual and Dungeon Master’s Guide, plus adventure modules Hoard of the Dragon Queen and The Rise of Tiamat.
- A new Starter Set (which you can see over at EN World) will be released July 15.
- The Player’s Handbook will be out Aug. 19 and cost $49.95 at 320 pages.
- The Hoard of the Dragon Queen adventure will be out the same day (Aug. 19) and cost $29.95 at 96 pages.
- The Monster Manual will come out Sept. 30. The 320-page book will cost $49.95.
- The Rise of Tiamat adventure follows Oct. 21, costing $29.95 at 96 pages.
- The Dungeon Master’s Guide will be out Nov. 19, costing $49.95 at 320 pages.
The adventures, Hoard of the Dragon Queen and The Rise of Tiamat, form part of the new lynchpin storyline Tyranny of Dragons, announced previously. A bit of a surprise today: These adventures were outsourced to Kobold Press and feature credits for veteran RPG creators Wolfgang Baur and Steve Winter, who have solid D&D pedigrees.
Wizards also sent us the new logo for that campaign and a clean version of campaign art that appears on the Rise of Tiamat cover:
EN World’s meaty post has full descriptions and more great information like a release date for a Deluxe DM Screen (Jan. 20) and miniatures details, as well as a picture of spine mockups for the Big Three core rulebooks. Check it out. WizKids are doing the minis that tie in with Tyranny of Dragons. Also, a module for the campaign will launch April 14 for Cryptic Studios’ Neverwinter D&D MMO.
Along with the book lineup and its artwork, a new D&D logo was unveiled, sporting a new font and stylized dragon ampersand element: